View Single Post
Old 14 September 2012, 07:43 AM   #51
dalip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PAM Omega
The best advice as always comes from real time wearers and there are some great points made in this thread from those members.

The SubC never managed to gel with me...and I have tried both the LN and LV variants and had them for enough time to form a clear opinion.

It was the same with the GMT 2C which was with me for a decent time also.

The new case just doesn't work on my wrist. I found i could never seem to size the watch so that I wasn't thinking about it. Just constant fidgeting.

This isn't common with others I know who own any of these models.

The exp 42 on the other hand is one of th most comfortable watches I own. That and the new DJII smooth bezel which is also fantastic.

The case shape and extra size of the explorer II work so well on my wrist. I have never had to adjust it since first sizing the bracelet.

The proportions of case and dial are spot on in my eyes.

The dial layout and 24 hr hand give the watch a special touch. It really is a seamless integration of all it's parts.

The exp 42 works exceptionally well in my rotation....whereas the subC was consistently pushed aside by the DSSD which I find more comfortable (go figure) and just has more that I look for in a watch. or it would be my 16610LV that would be a preferred choice.

Both are exceptional models, but my pick would be the exp II 42. Own and wear one for a month and I'd say it'd be a hard one to ever let go.

Some pics :

------------------------------------------------------------
"The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw
dalip is offline   Reply With Quote