View Single Post
Old 29 January 2009, 12:02 PM   #5
Whiskey
Banned

Watch: Deepsea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex Lover View Post
Thanks a lot for your kind concern, Whisky. I bought my Sub from a subdealer in Cairo, Egypt in April, 2008. The watch was brand new, unworn and locked with plastic. The credit card size gurantee carries the name of the dealer in Greece and dated March, 2008. Do you think that this will work for registeration?

Thanks,
Ahmed
Was the dealer you purchased the watch from a registered Rolex dealer? If so and the 2-year warrantee has not yet expired, go to the nearest Rolex Headquarters.

In order for them to register the watch, they need a reason to take your information down. One of the easiest ways is to tell them the watch is not keeping very good time and that it needs to be regulated. When they take it from you, they'll ask you for the warrantee papers to certify that the watch is within the 2-year warrantee period for free service because otherwise, they would charge you for it.

Hopefully they can regulate it while you wait. They may ask you to come back at a later date to pick the watch up depending on how many other watches they have that they are working on.

Rolex will not take your information down without there being a reason for doing so. There has to be a reason why you are there.

In my case, the bracelet on my SD was defective. As this was found during the first few years of ownership, I had a valid reason for them to take the watch in and look at it. In the end I received a new bracelet and my info was registered into their computer system.

As for the question where in the USA can you get this done. You can only get it done at Rolex New York City, Rolex of Beverly Hills California, and Rolex Dallas Texas.