View Single Post
Old 14 December 2012, 06:37 PM   #26
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterserg View Post
Peter, you never fail to impress with your knowledge! Always a pleasure to read your posts!

What's the thought on Panerai in-house such as the 8 day 2002?
Thank you but afraid Panerai is not my best subject although the 8 day movement is not something new.Back in the 1940s they used a Angelus 240 8 Day movement on the dive watches for Italian navy.But today like most brands who now have been forced to make there own movements instead of mostly using ebauche movements from ETA/Valjoux. Now they are all making them at a high original cost,its very expensive to develop and tool up to make a completely new movement.But once the original cost set up and with today's automation then you can make them at a high turn out rate.But still to a high standard of finish and accuracy as in theory all parts machine made should be the same other wise simply they would not survive in today's market.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder

Last edited by padi56; 14 December 2012 at 09:14 PM..
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote