View Single Post
Old 29 July 2020, 03:03 AM   #1
powerfunk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1530
Every type of green Rolex dial

Rolex doesn't typically make very many green dials. Here's my attempt to showcase all of them. If I've forgotten any, please let me know!

The earliest examples of green Rolex dials are these green enamel beauties:

Then came the many shades of green Stella dials. Collectors often note that due to inevitable differences in paint/aging, each Stella dial's color is unique. While that does seem to be true, I'll try to break down the colors as coherently as I can. Some 4-digit Day-Dates have very bright green dials:

But most green Stella 1803 models, with and without diamonds, have a fairly "true" green that I'll call "shamrock green":

Yellow gold 5-digit green Stella Day-Dates appear to have a slightly darker, more "forest green" color, and the dial text is now gold instead of black. Some have the small Roman numeral minute track instead of the older hash mark style. Some have diamonds and/or the Khanjar crest representing the Sultanate of Oman:

White gold 5-digit green Stella Day-Dates tend to have a "grass-stain green" hue with gold text, or a rich "emerald green" with white text:

Can't forget the ladies' Stellas:

The vintage green vignette (a.k.a. "dégradé") Day-Date dials are stunning. As of 2019, it's once again an option on the Day-Date 36, but Rolex calls it "ombré":

Now for stone dials. Malachite dials exist for 3 sizes of Datejust as well as the 36mm Day-Date:

Bloodstone dials exist for Day-Dates with Romans, diamonds, and nothing for hour markers. A bloodstone Datejust was made too:

Misc. stone dials:

These are the two green non-stone dials that came on the 118___ Day-Date:

The Day-Date 40 has olive options in rose gold and white gold:

The Oyster Perpetual line has olive options in 26mm and 34mm sizes:

You can find olive Pearlmaster 34's and 39's as well:

And here are the Datejust 31's olive options:

Three non-stone green dials have been offered for 36mm Datejusts:

Three modern sports models have been blessed with green dials:

And lastly, the new mint dial on the Datejust 28 looks pretty interesting:
powerfunk is offline   Reply With Quote