View Single Post
Old 20 February 2008, 08:29 PM   #43
ErikAalto
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
Buy what you can afford.

The bulk of people here will suggest Rolex, because, well - it is a ROLEX forum.

I sure as hell could not have afforded a Rolex when I first purchased a "nice" watch. I do not regret buying my Aquaracer - I love this watch and will cherish it for a very long time. I still want a Sea Dweller, but I am not going to sell my Aquaracer nor my Datejust to help pay for it.

I look at purchasing watches the same way I look at purchasing automobiles. Don't buy something with the intention of selling it in a few years to get the next new thing. Drive that bitch into the ground!

People have said that Tag's "bang for the buck" is horrible - but I feel like this is from a reseller's point of view. In terms of keeping accurate time - it is not as if Rolex is above and beyond greater than Tag. My Tag is +2 seconds after a week - and I can regulate that using varying resting positions. Sure it won't hold it's value like a Rolex - demand isn't as high.

In the end - I say go with what your heart desires, and your wallet can afford. If you can't go for the Rolex - compromise - you'll be happy in the interim with what you have - and you can always buy the Rolex later on.

Just don't buy the TT Aquaracer - it is hideous.

Here's mine : (and my Datejust)
ErikAalto is offline   Reply With Quote