View Single Post
Old 20 February 2008, 06:37 AM   #24
karmatp
"TRF" Member

Skip the Tag, then you can't go wrong between the Omega SMP and the Sub. As already stated you can buy a SMP for 30% off msrp if you do your research, I paid just over $1500 for a new one from a AD a month ago, the msrp at the time was $2150, now $2300. I believe. Now theirs the sub., a fantastic watch as everyone already stated but you are dishing out 3 times the cash for one, you just need to figure out which one you will be happiest with. I actually started out with a sub and bought a SMP after hearing so many praises about them on various watch forums, and I have to tell you, I love my sub but I love my SMP just as much. They both have great quality's but as already stated from others, Omega has some great qualities that by no means should be present on a watch that costs 3 times less than it's competitor. You can't lose either way really, both great watches but I personally think the edge goes to the Omega mainly because of price point and overall bang for your buck, OH, and the Omega doesn't have the cyclops. If you are going to buy a Rolex, the 14060M ND sub. is a fantastic pick, and you can buy a resale for a very nice price. I bought my sub. from a AD also and got about $600. off the list, good deal too.
karmatp is offline   Reply With Quote