View Single Post
Old 6 October 2015, 10:55 AM   #1
John68
"TRF" Member

Logistics of purchasing from an AD

I feel like this is kind of an odd question so forgive me if I'm out of my depth.

Very fortunately I'm in a position where I'm able to reward myself for crossing the 10 year mark with my firm with what I hope to be a Rolex. I have decided 100% to buy from an AD, and I'm hoping to find a BLNR because that's really what I have my heart set on.

My question lies with the logistics of making such a (relatively) large purchase. I was hoping to use my debit card but I've come to realize that most debit cards have a daily dollar transaction limit regardless of the balance of the account. I guess I could always put it on a credit card and pay it off immediately but I wonder if the transaction would be embarrassingly denied despite ample credit availability simply because of the high dollar amount.

I realize these questions could be answered simply by calling my respective banking institutions but I can't tell if these are stupid questions or not and I wonder if there's something I'm missing here. Surely people walk into ADs across the world on an impulse and walk out with shiny new Rolexes every day? Would anyone mind sharing their experience purchasing from an AD? Pitfalls or pro-tips?

Thanks everyone. Please forgive my naivete.
John68 is offline   Reply With Quote