View Single Post
Old 15 December 2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Paladin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
I have these inner and outer boxes with my 73-74 1680 Mk6 red, both green (ignore the other watch in my picture)! Maybe also check Sellers websites for past sales to get an idea of the types of boxes that might be period correct for your watch, maybe they could also differ across markets.
When it comes to the boxes, sales date is much more relevant that MFG date on the case. Often the case is manufactured years before the watch was actually sold by an AD and paired up what ever box was standard issue at the time of sale.Your Bufkor sport watch box appeared in the mid 70,s and stayed in use in varying forms until the early 90's. Your box is the earliest Bufkor boxes with the lite green linen interior and the applied crown on the top and applied "Rolex" logos inside.

The next version was a darker green vinyl box with a " large grain" to it a dark green felt interior and gold printed Rolex crown on top and printed Rolex logos inside.The final version was same as it's predecessor except it had a much finer grain to the exterior vinyl.