View Single Post
Old 1 February 2024, 05:47 PM   #52
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post

Incoming! Jk

Was able to try this on today for the first time.

Overall, still a great watch. But honestly less impressive in person than online. Might be bc I hyped it up so much in my own head for the last year it was bound to disappoint

The starwheel is much lighter than expected and the aluminum (?) discs look kinda cheap in person. I guess if you already own a ceramic/gold code you might be used to the weight, but it was new for me.

The discs were probably the bigger disappointment, but perhaps it was just the lighting. Not sure if it’s painted or what the finishing of the discs is, but it didn’t look as polished as it looked online.

The crown, like the QP, sits low on the case. Not as low as the QP, but it just looks odd to me still bc it doesn’t rest in the middle of the case side.

In terms of positives…The aventurine dial looks absolutely stunning. While the QP is also stunning, I think the starwheel’s aventurine dial is more beautiful since there is much more uninterrupted surface area of the adventurine dial.

Overall, on a personal scale of desirability from 1 - 10, 1 being a launch 3 hander code and 10 being a 15407, the starwheel was probably a 9 for me.

After seeing it in person, it’s probably a 6.5-7. Goes from a must have to a “wouldn’t mind owning” for me. It’s not a watch I’ll be begging my SA to allocate to me anymore.

Here’s a random photo of the ceramic beast which I also tried on. This is a watch that definitely impressed me and exceeded expectations. I think it’s way overpriced and not worth the retail price imo, but the watch itself is very beautiful and I would love to own if it weren’t for the $90k price tag and being slightly too big for me

My takeaway from the pics is you have the wrist to pull off that beast. Awesome stuff!
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote