View Single Post
Old 9 January 2017, 12:29 AM   #13
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
I think it's a bit premature to put this on Panerai. Too many elements make zero sense.

It sounds like miscommunication between the AD and Panerai. And how much attention will an AD give to a watch bought via they grey market, anyway?

Can your friend take it to a boutique or deal directly with a Panerai service center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruud Van Driver View Post
I have have an idea, Bill. I'm heading up to the OP boutique in a while and I'll ask my guy to run it past the in house watch maker.

Depending on what they say, it might be worth having the watch couriered here and fixed. I'll take my MacBook so he can see the original thread properly (as opposed to my phone) and I'll post up again this evening when I'm back home.

I've had some pretty good service from Richemont when the clasp on my Montblanc bracelet failed. It took a bit of kicking and screaming on my part but I go there in the end. I think it very much depends on what part for the world you live in though. Apart from the OP boutique and my Rolex AD, customer service in Singapore tends to one generally pretty poor.

Thanks for listening All,

Thanks as well Ruud & Cru.

As mentioned, my fiend seems relatively passive on this issue. Not sure why as his other nice watch is an old Planet Ocean. He deliberated for a year before this purchase but seems less willing to "fight" although he has called Panerai Cust Svc directly and asked to speak with the manager. Will let you know what I hear.

We do not have a boutique near us...

I didn't want to slam Panerai - but of course I just have. [emoji849] I love the brand - and my watch!

I just don't see (too) much room for misinterpretation...but clearly an AD who did not make the sale does not have a ton of motivation...However, I do KNOW they'd probably rather not see my friend return!

Again, the first time the watch came back to the AD, they sent it back as the problem still existed. The second time, it looked ok for a bit if I am not mistaken...before going off again. 3rd round, my Friend was told it had to go overseas. He doesn't know where the watch is now.

In my view though...at this stage, even if Panerai wanted to do the "replacement" work...couldn't they get this done in < 16 weeks given the months this whole ordeal has gone on?
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote