View Single Post
Old 25 August 2011, 04:56 AM   #1
psv
"TRF" Member

Deepsea/DSSD on Isofrane rubber strap

Sometimes I just prefer my divers on a rubber strap, especially in the Mid-Atlantic area which is hot and humid this time of year. My favorite strap is the Isofrane because of the quality, comfort and look so I decided to try it on the Deepsea (don't know why I waited so long).

Measure-wise the Isofrane is a 22mm strap and the lug width of the watch is 21mm, but it is very easy to squeeze in there. I suspect it would be better to shave/sand down the end piece on the Isofrane just a little bit, I'll try that later. Here as some quick pix with the point-and-shoot.

The 5mm thickness of the Isofrane goes very well with the chubbiness of the DSSD. A thin strap looks a bit off, I think.

Given that how the strap is perforated it is very easy to adjust to the perfect tightness to any occasion or preference. On the wrist, the top-heaviness of the watch almost disappears. It is very comfortable to wear. I really like the fact that the strap doesn't taper at all but keep it width of 22mm - it goes very well with the look of the watch IMO.

I know some people hate any type of modifications to Rolex. To each his own, but I think this is a great addition to the Deepsea Sea-Dweller watch and on top of that not a big investment if it doesn't work out for you.

Cheers,

Patrick
psv is offline   Reply With Quote