View Single Post
Old 31 July 2007, 01:37 PM   #48
BiG JeEzY
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT I/EXP II/DJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubrifar View Post
Great review and pics JJ!

Do you have a hard time reading the dial at all regardless of the lighting condition? It doesn't appear so but just curious. Thanks.

To answer your question, it is quite the contrary. The white dial EXPII in my opnion is one of the most readable dials in the Oyster line under ANY lighting conditions. I consider it to be more readable than my GMT I when both are in the same lighting conditions.

I can also see the time from a greater distance on my EXPII. I did an experiment to come up with this result:

I made both watches stand up and face me as I stood all the way across a room. The room is 12 feet by 12 feet.

EXPII: I can still make out orientation of the hands from all the way across the room and can give a pretty good guess at the time.

GMT: I cannot see the orientation of the hands as well. The hands look like they disappear into the dial looking at it from all the way across the room. I could not see the second hand moving AT ALL.

Conclusion: The Explorer II white dial is very readable, even from about 10 feet away in a room with one moderately bright ceiling light.

-Vintage Longines Automatic La Grande Classique
-Vintage Seiko 6138 Automatic Chronograph with "Kakume" Dial
BiG JeEzY is offline   Reply With Quote