View Single Post
Old 13 March 2008, 03:05 AM   #17
scottschoe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry180 View Post
Hi,

I bought this 2007 submariner date 16610 from ebay (see link below)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...K:MEWA:IT&ih=0

It was a risk and the pictures were not clear but the seller offered to meet me at a Rolex AD. I drove a return journey lasting 7 hours to get to the dealership and my heart sank when I saw the watch, it had a big scratch accross the sapphire glass which I specifically asked about before made the drive.

All other aspects of the watch checked out though and with the help of info from these forums I checked for authenticity myself then the dealer removed the strap and verified serial number to the paperwork.

The seller was genuniely apologetic about the scratch and offered me a £100 discount to replace the glass. I bought the watch for a total of £2150 and took it to Rolex london where I've had the glass replaced on the spot at the St James taking just half an hour, so now I have mint condition 2007 submariner date 16610 with box and all papers for a little under £2250.

I couldn't get hold of a new watch becasue of the demand and shortage of supply which is why I went down this route. With the recent price increase in UK from £2840 to £3090, I think I got myself a little bargain !

What do you guys think ?
Was the movement ever checked?