View Single Post
Old 14 December 2012, 07:15 PM   #27
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

Great thread and posts here. Personally, I'm also still amazed by both the 40+ year-old 1570 (1575)s beating away so accurately and reliably in my vintage Rolex (1675 and 1680), so my vote would have to be for that one. I also have a 16600 which is currently being serviced by Rolex, and so I'm also very impressed with the 3135!

As most of us have, I've owned many watches over the years, including a couple of new Rolex, but mostly vintage (Omega and Heuer also), but the other one which stands out, for me, has been my humble TAG Heuer F1 - the original model, which I bought new in 1990. No-one has mentioned quartz movements here, yet, and although I much prefer auto/manual mechanical movements, I read somewhere that the movements used in the early F1 was one of the best quartz movements made, and certainly one of the best T.Heuer ever produced. Having seen images of recent ones, they don't compare. Not sure what it is - perhaps someone here knows? I don't have any photos, sorry. It's obviously very accurate, and has a substantial 'feel' about it when adjusting the hands/date. Not the 'cheap' feeling you often get with more modern quartz movements, if you know what I mean.

Cheers all, K.
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote