View Single Post
Old 22 July 2009, 04:57 AM   #15
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresiarh View Post
I can tell you some stuff briefly.

The watch is heavy, robust, and extremely solid. I wear it twice a week. So far the time has been accurate. Its actually been as good as my Explorer II. The bracelet is naturally better on the Rolex as far as comfort goes, but the one on the Tag is really good too. I'm totally loving the sapphire case back, I think every single watch should have it. Some people are hesitant about the rubber bezel, but I actually like the look and feel of it. Granted it won't last a life time, but I'm sure it can be easily replaced.

I LOVE THE LEFT SIDE DATE WINDOW. Personally, there is not a single complaint from
me.

Yes the watch is heavy, I mean really heavy, but I happen to love heavy watches. The lightest watch I have is my EXP II.

There, in a nutshell.

As for price, I think $1300 for used one is reasonable, and $1600 for gray market. Granted Tag doesn't have great resale value but this particular watch is pretty superb.
Awesome! Thank you very much for that little bit of info above I also LOVE a hefty watch so the weight does not bother me one bit. That rubber bezel / insert will be no problem to replace at all and again, they just made such a great dive watch here that is in a realistic price range. To me, I do not find dive watches costing around $10,000.00 USD nearly to be pratical in the sense that even for those who can afford it, sometimes you might be a bit hesitant to do extremely risky stuff with it on due to replacement part and repair costs. Thanks again for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresiarh View Post
Yes, the variations in seconds hand colour is due to the fact that they have both an automatic and quartz version available. Thumbs down for the quartz version.

Same, not a fan of Quartz at all! Hate batteries, how they die when you need them after a while and if you collect it is totally senseless because you have different batteries to worry about and them going dead etc etc. Thanks for letting us know of the second hand variations

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody p View Post
tag hit a home run with that one.

You got that right!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote