View Single Post
Old 27 April 2024, 08:40 PM   #9
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico81 View Post

At the same time my OCD would kick in and asymmetrical case bothered me and also it felt on smaller size

Im leaning towards new model but i am concerned about comfort and clunky feel on the wrist

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wanted to love the 11 series but the asymmetrical case put me off. It was one of those things for me that once seen could not be unseen.

I own, and wear often, a 116509. It has practically an identical symmetrical case design/ shape/size as the new 12 series steel case (but weights significantly more at 207g sized for my wrist)

It is neither clunky nor uncomfortable. Quite the opposite in fact.

I'm wearing a forged carbon/titanium Doxa Sub 300 today which is supremely comfortable on its rubber strap and weighs just 95g. Strapping the Daytona on, the only discernible difference is the weight. The Daytona is no less comfortable.

Realistically, the comfort of the 12 should be no different to the 11.

I'd put good money on no one who was blindfolded and unable to touch the watch being able to tell the difference in on wrist feel between identically sized 11 and 12 series Daytonas.

Clunkiness and comfort in this comparison are pretty much influenced by prejudices and visual preferences for the vast majority.

You'll be fine with the 12. Its all about what one you like the look of most.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote