View Single Post
Old 18 May 2008, 03:15 AM   #12
redshirt1957
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue YM today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Bicycle riding is the coolest, most enjoyable, healthy way to go except when you need a motorcycle

So I'm guessing your new Giant is a kind of enduro bicycle or is it a mountain bike?
The seats look a little low too.

Bubba I guarantee you 100% a bicycle, if you approach it properly, would get you not just back into shape, but get you in the best shape you have ever been in your life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
X 1,000. I concur; bicycling is the cheapest and best form of therapy out there but don't tell my clients that. I'll be put out of business. That will never happen as most people are looking for the easier, softer way all of the time.

Terry Newton
Couple of questions?

I will only ride around the neighborhood which has a 10 degree grade of about 300 yards then mostly flat.

I have not owned a bike since I was 10, some sort of Schwinn 10 speed.

The bike must be comfortable.

The type of motorcycles I drive all have flat seats and wide handlebars and I sit straight up. I think the term is Standard. Just for reference only.

What type of bike?

Up until 50 I was able to run 5 minute miles. Now would be around 10. I am 6' 2" and weight 180lbs. Due to some health issues I have not lifted weights in five years. Body fat is 12%. I do have high blood pressure.

How should I start out?

I trust you guys more than my doctor or the old people, I mean those my age, that work at Wal-Mart.
redshirt1957 is offline   Reply With Quote