View Single Post
Old 3 July 2007, 07:15 AM   #23
Interested Bystander

Watch: Rolex Oysterdate
I have to say as far as looks goes the Ocean 1 is a real good looking watch. It seems to be running 8-10 seconds fast a day with no adjustments yet.

Looking in my drawer I have a Bulova Millenia and a Citizen, both quartz watches, I really like the mechanical movement and like the sweeping second hand much more than the click click click of a quartz.

Steinhart cannot be faulted at all with their customer service reviews, they sent me three emails alerting me about where the watch was on its was to the house. I gave it a good review and have been emailed by a VP and the CEO both.

The bracelet links were very easy for me to remove and adjust without paying to get it done and within a month I hope to get a good enough watch tool to open the back to adjust the watch movement for accuracy.

I'm no WIS yet, but I do love watches, haven't decided yet whether or not to start collecting for an Omega or Rolex, but within a couple of years of eating luches at Wendy's and suppers at home I may can swing it. We will see, but for a first really dressy looking watch the Steinhart is nice and relatively cheap, for having an ETA movement, Sapphire crystal, etc.

Last edited by Interested Bystander; 10 July 2007 at 12:45 AM..
Interested Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote