View Single Post
Old 3 November 2007, 03:25 AM   #18
haakon59
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alglez View Post
the daytona makes me smile a lot :) I think I would get it but I have this whole weeking to think about
Well, the Daytona is a fine watch and will have the highest resale value percentage-wise, so if this is the primary consideration, the Daytona is the best choice for you.

But resale is not an indication of higher quality; it is an indication of how many people would be willing to buy a used Daytona at a higher price though. If you think you might want to resell your watch later, the Daytona would be the best bet in this group.

Vacheron Constantin and Jaeger LeCoultre are much smaller companies and they make high quality specialty watches. The JLC Perpetual is one of the cheapest high quality perpetuals on the market and many collectors will tell you they are astonished with the quality you get for the money with JLC. But because of several market factors, JLC sells for less in the resale market. VC has been known as one of the top 3 manufacturers of watches for many years and they are the oldest manufacturer at 251 years in business. If you compare these 3 watches, the VC and JLC stand head and shoulders above the Daytona. So if you want an elite specialty watch, go with the VC or JLC. If you want a very well made watch that is also later highly tradeable or resellable, then go with the Daytona.
haakon59 is offline   Reply With Quote