View Single Post
Old 5 September 2008, 04:44 AM   #9
wuzzzer
"TRF" Member

The Deep-Sea is 18mm thick from top of crystal to bottom of caseback. The Sub is 13mm.

You can see how domed the crystal is in the pictures. It is a HUGE watch for a Rolex! My wrists are small, I tried it on and it looked ridiculous on me. On the right person it would look great. The 904L steel Ring Lock inner ring really isn't that obtrusive to the design in person like some may have thought. The bezel's click spring is totally different than any other Sub, much much smoother and has a pleasing 'click' sound when it is rotated. It seems like a huge improvement. The platinum numbers aren't recessed into the bezel as much as the new GMT-II, they feel more flush against the ceramic.

The crown is gigantic as well, definitely larger than a Sub. The bracelet is exactly the same width as the Sub so it appears to be almost too small for how large the case is.

The adjustable clasp is very easy to use and will come in very handy making minor or major adjustments to the band length without even having to take the watch off!
wuzzzer is offline   Reply With Quote