View Single Post
Old 22 July 2009, 02:25 AM   #11
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrodectus View Post
...that is a good looking one!

For sure, Tag did such a great job... Now finally they are fair competition for a dive watch. Nice to see some that are more realistically priced because even with the money saved a lot might not want to spend what Omega and Rolex are asking for the new ones just to beat up. Still prefer Omega Rolex obviously but again, the options for the consumer now just got even better and not even a comprimise. Tag Heuer has a great history (starting in the 1800's) and so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesh View Post
I'm with you on that one - was never a huge fan of Tag Heuer but this one's really nice and (I think) reasonably priced..?
It sure is! $2,450.00 USD from an AD and they are currently discounting them 15%. A friend said he saw them from Grey dealers in USA going for $1,550.00 BNIB! Used once more pop up on the market you should be able to find one for $1,200.00 depending on condition or even less! So if you are like me (and collect) but care for the resale in terms of not wanting to take a depreciation hit, better start to look for some used and grab a great deal asap! I know it is likely to happen for me, it is a good watch for swimming / beater to use freely and not have to worry about spending $900.00 USD on to repair it if something happens. Any competant watch maker can repair this easily for you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorsban View Post
Been eyeing that myself. The blue one looks good and so does the gold one.

Tag's designs had always been intriguing, not shying away from new/different things. That's why they've got such a deep product set.

Exactly, and those watches are sooo veru unique in the best possible way! Diffirentiation is amazing. Nice to see a watch brand thinking outside of the box and giving collectors / single owners great options. This watch is going to be very popular I can see it happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Nice, solid looking watch, but it might take a while to get used to that date window on the opposite side!!
Same, it would be so weird at first. Every watch I have owned had the date at 3 o clock of course and one even had it at 6 (Raymond Weil W1 Parsifal Chronograph). Guess it is a good change though and something nice and unique, can not wait to see it in the flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadtiger View Post
yeah the date window is not only on an unusual side but that the "500m" marking next to the date sort of keeps making me feel there is a day wheel too...other than that, really a big step up from the TAGs I've seen cuz they weren't worth anything, most of them at least IMHO

and just one more thing...one picture shows a watch with an orange seconds hand, which is very cool, but no other has it...is that even a specific model specification/difference?...kinda subtle!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean there. Does take some getting used to but for me the fact it is so different makes it appeal more. Would not be like any of the watches in my or most peoples collection and at a fantastic price also with a Transparent caseback, which is one of the two things my collection lacks that is desired (that and Chronograph) but like to keep it with divers watches because of their ability in water and look etc etc.

That is a very good question! We can try find out, right now I know nothing of this watch and it's varations but will see why that is. All I did was Google search for images so have no clue why that could be

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresiarh View Post
i actually really really love this watch. i'm wearing mine right now.
Awesome! So you will be able to tell us a lot more about it etc etc! Really loving that watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
RW16610, I think you're correct about the resale. 50% sounds right.
Yep I found out after, that is GREAT news. I love the brands with softer resale value. Ideal to buy preowned as their loss is your gain. Most complain about it but not I The fact that it will eventually be possible to pick these up for $1,200.00 - $1,500.00 USD depending on condition (used or BINB) is fantastic!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote