View Single Post
Old 12 February 2014, 04:59 AM   #24140
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingTheBlues View Post
Bas,

I definitely understand where you are coming from regarding the health and ethical advantages of being a vegetarian. I'd like to insist on the fact that I never was completely a vegetarian though, it was only during the week when I'd cook for myself as I would order some meat when I'd go to a restaurant and I wouldn't ask people to avoid cooking meat when I was around (my girlfriend and parents, for instance). Speaking for myself it was more about health reasons while I was losing weight but some things happen along the way and re-introducing meat in my diet helped me to be better.

Fear not, my fruits, veggies and grains are in check as well and eating meat, for me, doesn't mean eating an awful lot until I can barely breathe. I still make sure I have a well balanced diet.
I'm glad you could change your diet in a way to lose weight and still keep it balanced.
I don't want people to avoid eating meat if they don't want to, I eat meat as well but I try to base my meals mostly around vegetables and grains because it's healthy.

http://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/h...e-environment/

SearChart is online now   Reply With Quote