View Single Post
Old 16 October 2005, 05:55 AM   #17
----

I've had time to think about this, so......

I like good food - eating and cooking it. I like good drinks such as a nice smoky, peaty Islay single malt, or a good cognac. I also love red wines (not a big fan of whites to be honest) and I do like various beers (mainly nice bitter ales). I like listening to music - all kinds with a couple of exceptions (rap & country).

I enjoy my family (including the devil-dog) and of course good friends. I like my work, most days anyway, and love being involved in technology, and making things happen. I love gem stones, and in particular opals from Australia. I used to do a fair bit of woodworking, but there doesn't seem to be time for it any more.

Probably the only thing in my life that has received more attention than my family is the sport of archery. Started when I was 12, and have shot off and on ever since, and plan to continue - it really is a lifetime sport. I once had very large goals in the sport, and I managed to achieve most of them, but have so far come up short on making it to the Olympics. The arthritis I suffer from doesn't help (huge understatement), and the recovery from shoulder surgery in early 2004 has been much longer than I ever expected. I hope to be back to a competitive level by next spring, but will be 44 years old when the Olympics are on in Beijing, so not sure how long I can keep this up.....

Here are some pictures of the things above.......

Me when I was shooting better than I am now (57 out of 60 at 70 meters).

Very good scotch!

Nice blue on black opal I have as an ear ring.....

This is a mainly red on black opal (the rarest kind) that I have a ring for my finger....

This black opal is about 1.6 carats - very nice and unset at the moment.

Last one for today - green on black and also unset....