View Single Post
Old 1 April 2009, 07:04 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterj View Post
does anyone really know how long it takes to make a rolex? I have heard so many different answers to this question but i am looking for some real answers..

let me know everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by postiff View Post
Hey they say on their web site it can take UP TO a year to build a Rolex Movement. The Bezel takes 40 hours according the their site as well. Not sure about the bracelet. As for the case probably 30 minutes. However long it takes it is one hell of a finished product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyen View Post
The most ridiculous answer is one year, that's what I heard long time ago. Come on, it would'ld take a year even we go back to stone age.

Would agree about the year thing,its a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. And around 2006 Rolex had roughly 3500 employees in total employed in the whole of the Rolex empire in Switzerland.Now Rolex now make 900000 plus watches a year so do the sums,and Switzerland has one of the highest public holidays in the world.Would think if say half the workforce was in direct production of the actual watches,there must be still a lot of automated massed produced production.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote