View Single Post
Old 24 April 2008, 09:21 AM   #86
MAC4130
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post
Well I got into deep doo doo years ago by over extending myself in credit. Never again, I would rather go without than get into that position again!

A rolex is just a watch, made in the millions. It's not that special and certainly wearing one does not mark you out to be special or show that you have made it!

Trust me if you hang out with the crowd that thinks wearing an expensive watch is a sign of worthiness you are on a slippery slope of extreme unhappiness!

If you can't stretch to the Rollie at the moment then either save for one or aim a little lower in price( note, that does not mean you have to sacrifice quality) and have fun collecting something you can look at and know you own outright!

Events that have happened to me over the past few months have shown me that nothing external that I have means anything without inner happiness, As much as I love watches they are nothing in comparison to feeling safe and secure, get that sorted then go get the fripperies of life, you'll enjoy them more, trust me!
Ian, this is by far the best post of the thread, you Sr are the real deal! no nonsense, no snoby "If you have to ask the price you cant afford it shit".
Rolex watches are a nice watch as many other watches and the fact that you can buy one shows jack shit about who you are or what you have achieved! Credit no credit, cash or food stamps! If you want one you will get one new or used and that's it!
Since you have no Debt try and keep it that way! It is so nice not having debts! Save cash every month, put it on layaway use those 0% loans if you like en enjoy life! Is you do not have the cash right now you will soon and that will only mean you wanted it bad! not that you "made it in life"...
please people!!!
Rolex Daytona 116500LN Black, Rolex Daytona 116500LN White, Rolex TT GMTIIC, Panerai 88, Cartier Santos TT Auto, Omega Seamaster GMT Bond Co-axial, Omega Constellation SS Auto, Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono Tachy Auto
MAC4130 is offline   Reply With Quote