View Single Post
Old 28 October 2010, 12:56 AM   #108
Watchman1957
Banned

Watch: 201/A 202/A PreA9
Quote:
Originally Posted by plokiu2005 View Post
Speaking with some italian friends, and reporting some Mario Paci words, 201/A no-matching made were about 50pieces... 202/A nobody know exact number (btw less than 201/A)...

Interesting post

I beleive it, Markus Tchopps a major Panerai dealer sadi the same to me, he fel that there were more than the lesser number quoted. I searched for the article where I read it but could not find that article but I did find this one that says basically the same thing:

Quote:
Now , let's speak about the dial, as to understand why the name Logo was given...

The dial is made of brass, with a varnish that caused a nice accident...

Nice because the varnish " attacked " the tritium a bit too fast, giving it a magnificent orange brownish color, which didn't match with the lightly greenish hands, hence the name " Non Matching ".

When Panerai realized that, they changed the varnish for the other Logos to produce, so, even if it's difficult to say, I guess that some 30 Non Matching Pre V logos were made, according to Gurus like Y.O, and D.G, or M.B.
Here is the full aritcle: http://quicklook.watchprosite.com/sh...ost/ti-434676/

I personally would beleive the words of Mario Paci and Markus Tschopps over an article on the web any day.
Watchman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote