View Single Post
Old 16 April 2010, 04:15 AM   #8
jrf808
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately I recently experienced the same scam as Tri-National. Paypal is currently conducting an investigation however I know what the end result will be. It seems to me that Paypal should be somewhat liable as well. I would think they would contact the account holder to confirm that a payment has been authorized prior to sending the money to the recipient. That however was not the case with me (or Tri for that matter). I kind of think the card holder may be in on the scam. Why would you wait months before reporting an unauthorized charge to your card? Additionally, I receive an e-mail informing me when a payment I make via paypal has been completed. The question is, why are the discrepancies brought to light only after an item has been received by the alleged buyer. Something smells a little fishy here. This is my first international transaction and will definitely be my last. I thought using Paypal would reduce the possibility of a scam, however I learned the hard way that they lack the mechanisms in place to recognize and investigate possible scams by individuals using their site prior to dispersing funds. Tough learning experience. I'm out of a $6000 watch.
jrf808 is offline   Reply With Quote