View Single Post
Old 20 May 2011, 04:41 PM   #17
sdwtchlvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
It's been mentioned above but I can confirm that there are Rolex Certified Technicians in the wild with parts accounts. My watchmaker here in SD has an account in good standing and still regularly attends trainings at Rolex.

From what he has told me and showed me in his shop, Rolex requires specific equipment in order to maintain a parts account, much of this equipment is very expensive. Some replacement parts he still cannot get as Rolex chooses what they will release and what they won't. For example, he cannot get bezels or bracelets. When I wanted to get a replacement bezel for my ExpII, he said Rolex requires that I send it in. They are very strict and have representatives visiting the shop regularly. Rolex runs the show and I know my watchmaker really values his parts account so he adheres to their rules.

But his service is just as good as RSC in my opinion and quite inexpensive compared to Rolex. And this is not a case of you get what you pay for. He has serviced many of my watches and I have been 100% satisfied. If I thought for a second that my watches were at risk, I would send them into Rolex, no question.
sdwtchlvr is offline   Reply With Quote