View Single Post
Old 30 September 2014, 08:09 PM   #131
Roger1079
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvmartin View Post
I am guessing this is your auction here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Rolex...-/141391782360

The description lists aftermarket band with original clasp
That sure looks like full disclosure up front to me rather than some attempt to mislead the customer. All you have to do is read the item description which is not fine print that is buried in the listing in a font size nearly impossible to read.

Quote:
BeckerTime is proud to offer this gorgeous GENUINE ROLEX timepiece. It is a Ladies Rolex Stainless Steel Datejust Date Watch w/White MOP Diamond & Bezel that has been fitted with a brand new custom aftermarket oyster band.

It is in SUPER EXCELLENT CONDITION and comes with the Beckertime 100% lifetime trade-up guarantee!

Don’t let this one get away … Buying a Genuine Rolex with diamonds in this good of condition at this price doesn’t happen often … This type, if all factory, would sell brand new for more than $20,000 today.
The only thing that could be remotely misleading is the first sentence where it specifies Genuine Rolex, but the second sentence makes it clear he is talking about the watch head and not the entire timepiece. This one seems more like the buyer bidding without reading than wrongdoing on the part of Beckertime.

I have never done business with Beckertime, but it seems they are up front about the aftermarket parts and are also quick to make disputes right by the buyer. I really don't see the issue here.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote