View Single Post
Old 18 January 2023, 06:55 PM   #164
4rnold
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel4me View Post
If you buy from an ivestment point of view, then you are an idiot... Also ROLEX is not all that magical when it comes to resale value either. Just like anything, people will try to buy it for pennies ..... many people offered me $2500 or less for my D series BRAND NEW SD ,,,,,so I responded back with "how about a night with your sister for $2K?"...

so you will take a big hit on it once you buy it...so don't expect it to be like gold, where you get current market value no matter what ..... Once you buy it, you are stuck with it .... so buy carefully....very carefully......Buying is very very easy .... Selling is a million times harder ........
A bit blunt on the sister thing, but funny nonetheless

But indeed, I have very few people around me wearing Rolex, and all they talk about when it comes to Rolex is the money you can make.

I allways say the same: buying is easy, but selling...

If you buy a watch for 10 K from a gray dealer. And the next day you regret it, and you go back to sell it, if he likes you, be glad that you get 7-8K for it.

So you lose immediatly when you buy it, to make up for that, you have to wait years and years. And then you even might get unlucky for some watch trends go out of fashion.
-like plexi, younger people tend to go to saphire glass only because of the problems with water resistant for the older watches.
-Bigger watches, maybe in 20 years or so, the SD 43 will be a bargain, because it's way too big then