View Single Post
Old 23 April 2024, 03:43 AM   #52
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddypeepa View Post
I sort of agree with you and don’t agree with you.

Firstly, I don’t think “nobody” wants YM etc. in fact, I would wager that a fairly large chunk of the population would prefer a YM over say a Pepsi or a sub if they know little of the history of the brand / want a daily driver, one and done kind of person. And demand for these kind of watches seems to exceed supply by an order of magnitude. There will be plenty in here who want one and can’t get it. I guarantee that.

However, I do agree that if they were available as a walk in then demand would plummet. I’m sure they would still sell and absolute ton of them but nothing makes the heart yearn like for something it can’t have. The story of the last 6 years really.

I’ve heard a lot of people say the situation is a bit like GR3 RS for example and it sort of is except in the case of Porsche there’s a handful of cars you struggle to get and they have got bloody Taycan coming out of their ears.

In the case of Rolex they should have datejust, OP coming out of their ears. But they don’t… or do they? [emoji848]

Also see a lot of parallels with the GT3 situation and used Porsche prices for the cooking models. In much the same way as demand for a few select drives up the asking price for common Boxsters or Carreras so we have CPO watches at 1.3 x true market price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t say nobody wanted a yacht master. I said no one is complaining about languishing on the list for one. I imagine most folks who want a yacht master go to an AD, ask for one, and receive one pretty soon.

The people angry on here are typically after the same few watches. So I guess the response should be “don’t ask for the same watch everybody else wants”
bluestreak is online now   Reply With Quote