View Single Post
Old 10 November 2014, 06:27 AM   #40
TAG_TOSSER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor And Sinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel33 View Post
Awesome example of a watch with the correct serial number range of production and featuring a 25 jewels 2776 movement's watch that proves it has been sold within Europe, Switzerland, as the original papers show it.

This is the first example of such a watch I see that was sold in Europe, featuring a 25 jewels movement. Congrats.

This is definitely a rare (but still very affordable) bird, I have seen less than 10 of these 9401 round markers dial/snowflake hands for the last five years on the Internet.

I wrote to Tudor Geneva to ask some more info about my watch's history, and I received a letter that stated that, I quote, "for strict confidentially reasons, they were not willing to confirm or infirm if my watch,belonged to this special batch ordered by the Canadian Navy"

So I suppose that:

-They have the info and when they refer to "this special batch ordered by the Canadian Navy", it gives a clue....

What was a bit surprising is that the letter was signed by the Tudor CEO himself (!!!) (Philippe Peverelli), not only by a lower hierarchy executive of the consumer's service department.

That means someone did not want to take any risk and asked at the higher level if these kind of informations should be available for the Tudor's collectors and fans that we are... And the answer is surprinsigly a big NO, although brands like Omega, Patek or Breguet are not reluctant to provide vintage fans and collectors some extracts or their Archives that relate the entire history of their watches....

-

Thank you so much for posting about the movement differences. I had no clue. Of course the government tried to get a cut! No surprises there. That is very interesting indeed- and your response from Tudor is pretty cryptic. Its pretty odd that they keep that sort of thing under wraps when its common to have Navy Seals spill all the beans in a book just years later!
I do think from your posting and others I've seen that a batch was produced for the Canadian military. I know the old story about how they wanted hands that were more readable or something so they opted for snowflake handset. Maybe the whole batch was made exclusively for them?? And mine, from Europe and maybe others were the result of them not fulfilling a full order.... who knows. Very interesting. I would love to know the exact roots of mine. I bought it from a jewelry store that specializes in trade-ins.

PS- Id love to have one of those Tudor books but I've only seen them for sale for around $500. Do these get sold on the forum or somewhere else for a better price?
thanks!