View Single Post
Old 14 January 2010, 12:57 AM   #11
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
There's that "S" word again...it's been cropping up a lot again recently......

I am a structural designer working with steel design day in day out for the last 30 years.....

You will NEVER EVER manage to stretch a stainless steel Rolex watch bracelet with loadings from your body alone, you could almost hang a car from a Rolex watch bracelet and it would not stretch.

There is NO STRETCH associated with Rolex watch bracelets.....it is ELONGATION DUE TO WEAR.......this is caused when grit/grime/dust etc get in between the links of the bracelet and as the bracelet flexes during nornal wear the grit/grime/dust act as cutting compounds and wear the pins and the links themselves resulting in a looser fit.....
Have to agree with you 100% myself worked in the steel industry for almost 30 years S.Steel is one of the toughest materials on the planet.And the only time it will stretch when its heated to around 1300c,and the many posts about laying there watch on cloths.Just encase the wood table scratches there watch makes me smile.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote