View Single Post
Old 11 April 2008, 04:08 AM   #7
butlersl

Watch: Sub-Date
I have sent two different watches to RSC-NY, a Submariner ("A" model) and a Datejust ("L" model"), and the prices, including return S&H, were around $500 for the Sub and around $650 for the DJ. Both of them had the "usual" things: Clean & oil, replace crown tube, pressure test, polish (no charge.... :-) ), measure timekeeping, etc. The DJ needed a new crown and new crystal ($90) - the old one was chipped, but other than that the price seemed comparable considering the DJ is from 1990.

While I'm waiting on the return of the DJ, I was very pleased with the work on the Sub. Not only do you get official factory service, but you get verification that everything on your watch is authentic and all parts match, you get a one year factory warranty, you get "paperwork" that can assist if you ever want to sell, and it comes back looking like new.

As an aside, the service estimate provided lists all the recommended things that need to be serviced. On the DJ, the estimate said "worn caseback sticker" or something to that effect. The watch has the remnants of the green sticker, so I am wondering what will they typically do? Leave it alone? Remove it and send it back? Replace it? Just curious...
butlersl is offline   Reply With Quote