View Single Post
Old 5 July 2011, 08:00 AM   #8
OysterDavid
Banned

New watch and warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgeman View Post
The watch was just bought yesterday, it is just starting its Warranty. Just looking ahead. Ben Bridge in UTC is where I bought the watch. So they have a certified Rolex Repair Person in house. Thats good to know, so if there is a Problem with the watch in its first 2 years, this certified Rolex person has access to all parts, gaskets, what-ever the watch will need to be serviced? Also this person can over-haul or service and can be trusted with my SUB. I just do not like to ship things if I do not have too. Any way thanks again
If I had purchased a new watch yesterday from an AD, and there were any problems going beyond perhaps a regulation to tweek the timekeeping after a few weeks or months, I would suck it up and make sure that the watch warranty repair were done by Rolex, because that's what you're paying for when you patronize an AD. Now whether or not I actually shipped the watch to Dallas or NY, or I felt that part of the service aspect of dealing with an AD included them packing it up and shipping it on my behalf, may be open to constructive debate here on the forums, but still, major (as defined by me, the new Rolex owner) issues would be the responsibility of Rolex itself.

After the years have gone by and the watch needed a routine service, well then, if I felt comfortable with the skills of the AD's in house or recommended watchmaker, and I could have the assurance of 'real' Rolex parts being used, then the local person would be on my very short list of people I'd feel comfortable using to service my watch.
OysterDavid is offline   Reply With Quote