View Single Post
Old 23 July 2009, 12:55 AM   #21
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
Not for me.
That is ok, not all will like it but who knows, with time it could pssibly grow on you (it has happend to me and many before but maybe not the case here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Davidson View Post
Great thread! I tried this watch on and it looks fantastic! Great feel, solid design, looks quite durable. What I was really impressed by was the sapphire crystal on the case back. A 500M rated watch with an exhibition back! Amazing!

As a side note, the forth pictured Aquaracer contains an ETA 2824-2 inside. Click on Link to see. The version I saw at my local AD had a Sellita SW200. The Sellita is basically a clone of the ETA, even has the same dimensions. TAG calls either a "Caliber 5".
Glad you like it! The 500M depth rating with the sapphire caseback is truly an achievement Thanks for that info on the movement too

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
I looked at the one with the gold bezel. Nice watch but I found the $3650 msrp to be way too much.
I know what you mean, but it is a great watch though. Personaly I would look for it used only and buy the watch for pretty much (literally) 50% less than that due to the softer resale of this brand (which is a good thing in cases like this as a buyer if you do not mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by heresiarh View Post
Yea but the quality is really really superb. However, you can probably get that watch for 20% less .... I prefer the non gold versions though. If you want a gold sports watch, nothing better than the two tone sub.

Yeah I bet the AD's will soon if not already discount it 20%. Right now they are doing it at 15% but the really good deals will be from the Grey market BNIB or preowned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Wow, I can't believe this. I was on a flight home yesterday and noticed the flight attendant was wearing the same watch and the cyclpos @ nine really had be baffled. Mystery solved.
Great looking watch.
dP

Very cool, Dan! Glad you solved the mystery from my topic here
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote