View Single Post
Old 13 March 2010, 05:10 AM   #24
swissautopro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3.3M 1655 Mk I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
Paul, I'm sorry you got scammed by a craigslister, but you're not the first. This story should be a lesson to you and everyone else on TRF - let the buyer beware! You should have verified the authenticity of the watch you were receiving in trade, prior to completing the transaction. I blame you for not getting the appropriate paperwork, and taking the watch to an Omega jeweler to verify it. Shame on you - now go call the police immediately, and good luck with recouping your Rolex.
Harsh, but true. Craigslist is no place for rookies. There are way too many reputable folks right here on the forum to take risks on CL, unless you are a very, very educated collector.

I am sorry to hear it, Paul, and I hope it works out for you.

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt." Unknown

"Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food." Proverbs 12
swissautopro is offline   Reply With Quote