View Single Post
Old 18 April 2008, 04:14 AM   #25
Jimbits76
"TRF" Member

Errrmmm Rolex watches are not worth the price.

I don't care what anybody says about the difference between the quality of Omega, Brietling, Rolex etc. Rolex may have a better quality movement with a better build but is it worth that much more?

Look at the recent post about the DD and the price of platinum...is that watch movement and crystal worth 10 grand more than the 300g os so of the precious metal?

Is it heck!

So, you may ask? Why do you wear one? Why do you own two and want many more?

I like everybody else here have been swayed by years of marketing, advertising and general brand snobbery (most of it by my own family eg 1957 OD)...I believed Rolex to be the best and I love the brand.

I love my LV...Yesterday was the first day since I bought it that I didn't wear it and I truly missed it.

Is it worth £3.5k...no! Like all things, these things probably cost a fraction of that to put it together.

Unfortunately, that is the way of the world and if I want something I have to pay the going retail rate for it....begrudgingly tho, a little like Homer J!

I think a decent price for a sub date is £2000. I'd bet Rolex would still make a profit on it (forget about all that charity rubbish)...however, those days are long gone.

They keep making them, we keep buying them whatever the price and that to me seems a little sad.

Just the opinion of a poor Rolex owner.

J
Jimbits76 is offline   Reply With Quote