View Single Post
Old 18 April 2024, 12:21 AM   #5
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by m j b View Post
Agreed.

I bought a Zf a year or two ago, but although it's a great camera, I just don't like mirrorless. Call me old fashioned.

Everything I read about the Z9 is positive though, especially for video (which I don't do) so that's probably a good choice.

It's really all about the glass though. The body, the sensor, that's all secondary. Good lenses make or break the image. I find that a 105mm is just about perfect for macro.

I built a lightbox from an old cardboard box and some parchment paper. Seriously. I get a bit of yellow from the parchment, but that's adjustable with the WB.
My lightbox is a microwave oven box with butcher block paper.

For the OP. I stuck with Nikon glass. The 14-24 f2.8 s is the flattest WA zoom I’ve ever owned. The 24-70 f2.8 s is an amazing lens that gets the most out the sensor (the one must have in my bag). I use the 20mm f1.8 s for astrophotography and the 105 f2.8 VR S for macro.

If you’re into wildlife or sports photography a buddy swears by the 70-200 f2.8 s.

I have a Really Right Stuff ascend tripod with a ball head that works for pretty much everything I do.
Maleg is offline   Reply With Quote