View Single Post
Old 29 October 2009, 11:13 PM   #24
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienstuhr View Post
Actually a constant (small) gain or loss is a sign of a good movement. What is problematic is when a watch gains/loses time in a random fashion.

Try leaving the watch dial upwards overnight and see what happens to the accuracy.

d.
Have to agree with you the most important thing with any mechanical watch in consistency.Afraid today Rolex has done a great job over the years brainwashing quite a few that all Rolex mechanical watches are spot on accurate.But in the real world thats not so there will be always tiny daily deviations.And to get any mechanical watch to self regulated,say by different resting positions at night is quite rare in the real world.But in general to loose a few seconds rest watch vertical crown up or down.But for any mechanical watch to show such consistency of +4 seconds I would be very very very happy.Nothing is perfect not even Rolex or any pure mechanical watch for absolute perfect timekeeping its that simple.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote