View Single Post
Old 13 October 2008, 06:57 AM   #19
GBJIV
"TRF" Member

My thoughts and I am fourtunate to have both. GMT IIc is what I wear the most. I really like it. Mike and Tools on this forum have definitely helped in me really wanting a classic GMT - Karmatp's comments are right on.... Nevertheless, I have a GMT IIc and recently the White Daytona - I have yet to wear the Daytona - but, I LOVE it. I just think it's beautiful.

If you can get the White Daytona - even from Great TRF folks trying to sell one or Tempoking - do that. These days, you can get a LNIB (Like New) Maybe even Brand new for not much more over MSRP and the way things are going - you may be able to get it close to MSRP with a little work.

So, here's my take - if you can get the Daytona - do it. There is no risk there at all - you will love it forever. If you cant... The GMT II is awesome and there is IMO - No risk there. The GMT IIc as noted is just much easier to find and man - the prices have really come down especially for "pre-loved" I kick myself for paying MSRP on that one eventhough, I love it and it is my daily watch (paid MSRP but, worth every penny).

So, Daytona then GMT IIc if you are fortunate to have more than one watch eventually then get the GMT IIc. Both watches are different enough and would be a great compliment.

Welcome to TRF - You will always find people here willing to help how they can.