View Single Post
Old 16 December 2011, 11:58 AM   #14
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Cruvon, the outer box for your inner Bufkor box is an early 1980's box. (The inner box is late 1970's.) Somebody, somewhere, mismatched those boxes! Your outer box should have a lid that is green with no leather grain pattern. Here is a pic of the correct combination for the late 1970's Bufkor box which were used in the USA. The two other photos - the one with the GMT and accessories depicts the early 1980's Bufkor box and the third photo depicts the mid-1980's Bufkor box.

The progression of the Bufkor boxes goes like this:

late 1970's, light green lid (no leather-grain pattern on the lid), light green inner box

early 1980's, dark green inner box, dark green outer box lid with a course leather-grain pattern on both the outer box lid and inner box

mid- 1980's, dark green inner box, dark green outer box with a fine leather-grain pattern on both the outer box lid and inner box
Thanks, true. My inner box matches with your pics of the late 70's so is the correct one but the outer box as you pointed out is the later one and matches with your second picture. Didn't know about these details, learn something new everyday. Also when were the seahorse ones you posted above till and have seen some inner boxes with the wood interior exposed from late 70's, when are those from?

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote