View Single Post
Old 8 January 2018, 03:53 AM   #110
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDS View Post
Amazing review Brian, i am glad that the watch came back as new, i pulled the trigger on 5711 white dial and i am going to have it in 2 weeks time, but i was really surprised about the shock that occured to the movement , do you recall the shock that was made to the movement? Also i would like to ask you, as a Rolex and AP owner, i wear my watch for all occasions, i go to work, GYM, swimming, having shower with my watch on the wrist, can i do the same with 5711, or i have to be more careful your input is highly appreciated
Although Patek originally said that I must have damaged the watch and that the failed parts were due to a shock, they admitted that there were no visible signs on the case of such damage. As I indicated to them, I never bumped the watch on anything.

While I neither baby nor abuse my watches, I wear them and they see normal use on my wrist. Since the service the watch is running very well -1.5 a day and seems to wind more smoothly which leads me to believe it was originally a problem from the factory that took time to wear the part sufficiently until it failed.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote