View Single Post
Old 28 April 2024, 12:03 AM   #67
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
I think that the database topic has been discussed before, and one conclusion was that Rolex didn't want to take on the privacy law exposure by keeping all the customers' data. However, I personally think it makes perfect sense to do so.

Regarding these watch brands shooting themselves in the foot with younger generations, I definitely agree. Many brands had their time in the sun the last 3-6 years, and the chickens are coming home to roost on the grey market now. Look at brands like Vacheron or Czapek. They hit highs you would've never predicted, and things are correcting.

Rolex, AP, and Patek, on the other hand, I think has done so much damage to their brand experience that I think it will be hard to shake off down the road. As Warren Buffett once highlighted, customers often forget things about that they bought, including the price, but they usually don't forget whether the experience was good or not. The majority of people walking into the majority of ADs are not walking out with a good experience right now.

You're not even able to get the most simple entry level models from the brand, and yet you have people who have been able to buy multiples of even the hardest to get models. It is so backwards and an absolute racket being ran that Rolex at this point is complicit in allowing.

Any evidence that this is happening? Other than rantings here, which is a pretty niche community? Or is this just wishful thinking/fantasy of people who aren’t able to get the Rolex you want.

The fact of the matter is, you can get almost any Rolex in a relatively short period of time. As long as it isn’t one of the hottest models.

Most people aren’t getting a bad experience. They are being treated nicely, told that what they want isn’t available, their name gets taken down and they leave. This has happened to me every time. And I eventually got two steel models.

Only to the super entitled is simply being told “we don’t have what you want” is considered bad service.
bluestreak is online now   Reply With Quote