View Single Post
Old 28 July 2009, 04:18 PM   #30
C. Davidson
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT (116710)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delldeaton View Post
... this is, I guess, a matter of personal input and supporting argument for the calls we're making, right?
  • Rolex Explorer (line). Everest, iconic sports watch with broad, perpetuating (no pun intended appeal), and, wait for it Ian Fleming choice / original James Bond watch.
  • Hamilton Pulsar. Commercial LED, widely recognized, worn by President Gerald R. Ford, and introduced Roger Moore as James Bond.
  • Ball railroad pocketwatch. Established standards, safety, and industrialized a nation.
  • Omega Speedmaster. Moon watch; perpetuating appeal (particularly given, in my experience, it enjoys a popularity inversely proportationate to its actual functional use.
  • Seiko quartz (especially LCD). Raised the bar on accuracy, brought it to everyman; nearly destroyed, and arguably re-defined Swiss watchmaking industry.
These are always timekeepers that get my attention when reading, irrespective of any call for a list. So that in and of itself would be why I've listed them here.
Great list Dell. Your research, attention to detail and general grasp of any given subject, makes me look forward to reading your posts.
#15,634

"The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out."
C. Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote