View Single Post
Old 8 November 2011, 08:05 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by diapers View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and am on the brink of purchasing a pre-owned Explorer 16570 white dial. However I just need to seek some recommendations and opinions from the veterans here.

I have only ever owned Seiko, Citizen and Mont Blanc models, so reading through this forum on all the various specs and works of the various watches was certainly intriguing and exciting.

I would like to ask for your opinions on which series to get, that will be worth keeping for a long time, and eventually passing down to my baby son in the future. (I hope this wont be the only watch. )
Hopefully to eventually get a Pam24 and an IWC Portofino too.

Any idea if the 3185 movement series are still worth getting, and also your thoughts on single "swiss" and "t<25" dials.
The logical buy seems to sway towards getting an "M" or "Z" series.

All kind recommendations, feedbacks and opinions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance everyone!
Thank you for the time taken to read my thread.
Well first Rolex has never made a series of any watches, all the letters numbers are its a case stamp.A serial number and a approximation by the various Internet codes when a case was stamped nothing more.The 16570 has not changed a lot since its introduction in 1988/9.One of the main changes was the switch from the Tritium dials TSwissT and >25 Swiss around 1998 to the Luminover lume dials.And till its was discontinued only mainly a few minor cosmetic font changes very late models had the slightly modded cal 3185 into the cal 3186 but no big deal either way.Some Internet hype collectors are willing to pay/charge extra for the ones with the cal 3186.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote