View Single Post
Old 17 August 2007, 10:44 AM   #24
johnL
"TRF" Member

First time post for me so please forgive any inadvertant missteps. Enjoyed reading about the Steinhart GMT. I have a question that I am hoping one of you experienced folks can help me with.
I have a Steinhart Ocean 1. I love it! I always wanted a GMT so decided to take the plunge.
Here's the issue - The 24-hour GMT hand points exactly at the hour marker when the minute hand is 15 minutes past the hour. When the minute hand is on 12, the GMT hand is one marker before the hour marker. I returned the watch to Steinhart. Their customer service really is exemplary. I can't say enough good things about them. They sent me another new one - same problem. Returned it, they sent me another new one. To my relief the GMT hand aligned perfectly and the watch kept perfect time... for two days. Then, the third day I looked at it, the GMT hand had "slipped" back one notch and like the others is now one marker behind. The last 5 days it has stayed exactly one marker behind. The GMT hand sets ahead in 30 minute increments so I can either leave the GMT hand one marker behind or can set it to one marker ahead of where it should be. Anybody have any experience with this? Am I missing something? Is this something that is easily fixed? Other than the GMT hand the watch keeps perfect time and I love the look and feel. Thanks in advance. John L
johnL is offline   Reply With Quote