View Single Post
Old 21 October 2009, 01:37 PM   #2
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
There isnt a pawn shop around me that I know that ever has a Rolex for sale.The ones that say Rolex that I have seen were fake.

A good question to ask is what do the guys that run the full page ads in the sunday paper pay?Take a watch there and sit back and laugh
I wanted to buy an early 60's mint box and papers submariner and the owner told me to go with him to this hotel that had a BIG dealer that wrote a book paying top dollar.He said if he offers more than you hes got it.Having offered 10k for the watch I went with him thinking I might have to offer more for it in the end considering it was the nicest 5512 I had ever seen up until than.The Big dealer offered $1200.00 and told him that if his staff saw it they would scream cause it was way more than blue book.He showed the man a sheet of paper doctored up to show the values and what they pay. The man was not dumb as I had shown him what they go for when I made my offer he turned and walked away and the big dealer ran out to the parking lot and offered 7k the old man said this fellow offered me 10k and I wasted his time the big dealer than offered 12k as to not dare let anybody else buy it. The old man decided to keep the watch.It was a big circus in there.In front of me they where paying get this .50 for $1.00 silver morgan dollars as they told the old lady you cant spend these anymore and this is what we pay.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting