View Single Post
Old 2 February 2010, 12:36 AM   #8
xeroid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acce1999 View Post
The bezel is the ring around the glass, keeping it in place. Up till the end of the 80's some Rolex models had plexiglass. Yours is such a one (Model ref 5700). During the 70's and earlier all models (with few exceptions) had plexi. It is not a bad thing! Many collectors prefer them like that.

The value of a used watch like yours, but in good working order, should be some 1200 USD, perhaps a bit more since you have both the box and the certificate. The current value, as it is, is low.

Yes a service including a new bezel, and caseback, would cost a bit, but would also make it easy to sell it.

If you are eager to sell, try to contact some of the regular sellers/buyers on this forum. Check out the "for sale"-section. Perhaps someone from Canada will comment this also. I live in Europe, and I would take it to a Rolex Service Center to get an estimate for a full service, including replacement parts before deciding.

Best,

A
WOW ... so I may have to invest $500 maybe more for the replacement parts and service to clean ... and it's only worth $1200 after that. Hardly worth the trouble .... easier to throw it out It must be the cheapest model they sell I guess.