View Single Post
Old 19 May 2007, 05:12 AM   #14
rzielinski
Banned

Rolex Submariner Date vs Steinhart Ocean 1

Rolex Submariner Date VS Steinhart Ocean 1.
The Steinhart is bigger and heavier then Rolex. It looks like Steihart is stronger built then Rolex. The bracelet has better clasp on Steinhart. The clasp on Rolex is a bad design and will open sometimes when I jump into the pool. The look of Steinhart is solid and attractive. My Rolex is very accurate. It is fast by two seconds a day. My Steinhart is fast by 12 seconds a day, strait from the factory. It needs to be adjusted. Rolex has its own mechanism and it is superior to Steinhart. However Steihart uses ETA 2824-2 movement, which is a work horse used in Tag Heuer, Oris, and many more higher priced watches. My Steihart has a yellow bezel so it will not be confused with Rolex. Steinhart will look good on bigger guys since it is a bigger and heavier watch then Rolex Submariner. Since Rolex is lighter it is more comfortable on your wrist. Except the bad clasp on Rolex, everything else is perfect. Steinhart has come very close with its attention to details, but Rolex is still superior. Steihart is a very good watch for the money.
Rolex is the legend. Almost every diver watch today got something from Rolex Submariner. Since the Sub has the superior movement and the legacy its price is justified. Steinhart Ocean 1 is a very attractive watch and has a great value.
Thanks for your time.
Robert from California.
rzielinski is offline   Reply With Quote